Tuesday, August 2, 2011

For "All The Single Ladies" - Married to Christ...continued

I think for me the most difficult thing about being single is the parenting. I have always been the main parental influence in the lives of my children. I know a lot of women (married Christian women included) who have apathetic husbands who abdicate their God given roll as leader of the home that find themselves quite alone or at least lonely in this endeavor.

Being truly alone and totally responsible, however, is a different and more challenging place to find yourself. For me it was terrifying. I remember telling my pastor " I can't do this" and gently he said "no, Mary, you can't, but the Lord can." I was frightened for my future. I couldn't imagine how I would provide financially. We had no home of our own, no transportation, I had no job, having worked at home in our business. I didn't even have a bank account of my own or a credit card in my name. How was I to care for these kids?? Where did I begin?

I began on my knees. I am no spiritual giant and back then I was as weak as a kitten. I truly could do nothing of my own strength....that is when my heavenly Husband took over.

Looking back at the way He used the people in my church family to minister to me is just a miracle. I was provided a car to use, a place to live, I found a way to begin earning a living and Gods people provided for us until bit by bit we were stable and on our feet.

But Christ is perfect so He didn't just meet material needs. He brought wonderful, Godly men alongside my teenage son to shepherd his heart through everything. He gave me strong  leaders in the elders of my church to advise me gently but firmly as to how to handle all the issues I was facing according to Gods Word.

I can say that I and my children have lacked no good thing and have been blessed immeasurably. This was the providence of my heavenly Husband. I have never been so cared for.

He is completely adequate to care for you and your kids. Whether you find yourself without a mate or sadly you have a mate that is not leading in this area, Christ will supply if you seek Him and then trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment